- News & Views
- College Structure and Prospects Appraisal
- Inspection Support
- Strategic Advice and Guidance
- New Funding Methodology
- Curriculum Planning
- Funding Audit and Assurance
- Resolving Audit Issues
- Additional Learner Support Reviews
- Management Information Services (MIS)
- Buying/Selling a Private Training Provider
- Due Diligence Exercises
- Recruiting International Learners
- Cost Cutting/Achieving Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Internal Audit
- Maximising Success Rates
- Icca College forum
- Green Flag
- Contact Us
Our ever expanding Internal Audit Team!
Submitted on Tue, 18/02/2014 - 12:31pm
Having re-entered the market in 2013, we have already been appointed as the internal audit service provider to 14 colleges.
We believe our commitment to offering an alternative added value service to the sector is the core driver behind this success.
Fundamental to our strategy is not to be ‘the largest provider to the sector, but the most valued by its clients’. To sustain this strategy, we have invested significantly in recent months to grow the size, experience, and offering of the assurance team. Our recent appointments include:
- Hari Khurmi: Hari recently joined Icca Education Training and Skills (January 2014) and brings significant sector experience to the team having previously worked at South Leicestershire College in the role of Vice Principal Finance & Resources for 11 years. Hari is core to our commitment to the sector in bringing in experienced individuals to lead and act as Head of Internal Audit to our clients.
- Kate Cusick: Kate has worked in the education sector for the last 19 years joins us as the lead auditor for funding assurance. Kate will also act as Assistant Manager on various internal audit clients from 2014. Prior to joining Icca Education and Training and Skills Kate spent a year as an Assurance Officer at Greenwood Academies Trust, undertaking internal audit work on the 18 Academies for whom the Trust had responsibility.
- Frazer Hughes: Frazer joins us as a Senior Auditor having worked in the education sector for the last eight years. Prior to joining Icca Education and Training and Skills, Frazer spent seven years at RSM Tenon (now Baker Tilly). Frazer has extensive knowledge of the education sector having been seconded to the EFA during his employment previously.
Together they offer our existing and future audit clients a range of expertise, knowledge and services.
Managing Director Scott Winter said:
“We are delighted that Hari, Kate, and Frazer have joined our ever growing audit and assurance team. There combined sector experience coupled with our added value approach to internal audit will ensure our clients get a quality of service that is second to none and reflects the sectors appetite to work with a provider of quality internal audit and assurance services. The appointment of such experienced individuals reflects our future plans to grow our audit offer but to also maintain our promise of only using sector experienced individuals to deliver our plans”.
A number of colleges are likely to be considering whether to tender their Internal Audit Services at shortly and therefore also the procurement routes available to facilitate this process. Whist Icca Education Training and Skills are not on the Crescent Purchasing Consortium (CPC) audit framework (having re-entered post the last framework tender) if your College is seeking a provider which can truly offer a value money, sector understanding coupled with robust assurance, we would welcome an invitation to tender for this service.
If you would like more information on our internal audit and assurance services please drop us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will arrange for one of the team to contact you.